Consider your own health, the health of your family members and of others. Quit today.
· There are more than 600 ingredients in a cigarette other than tobacco. 50 of those are known to cause cancer.
· Each day, nearly 1,000 kids under the age of 18 will start smoking. 1,800 adults will also start.
· On average, smokers die 13 to 14 years sooner than nonsmokers.
· Cigarettes cause more than one in five American deaths.
· Over 400,000 people die each year from smoking related illnesses, including those affected indirectly such as babies born prematurely due to mom’s smoking during pregnancy.
· Nearly 50,000 nonsmokers die annual from second-hand smoke exposure.
WHAT DOES SMOKING COST YOU?
At $4.14 per pack, if you smoke one pack of cigarettes a day, that's over $125 a month. In one year, you've spent almost $1600 on cigarettes. That's enough to go on a vacation or buy a new TV! If you continue that "pack a day" habit for 25 years, you will spend over $38,000 buying cigarettes.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY BODY WHEN I STOP SMOKING?
· Within 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal levels.
· Within eight hours, the oxygen in your blood rises to a normal level.
· Within three days, breathing becomes easier.
· From two weeks to three months, your circulation improves and you will have more energy.